Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Standing up for Righteousness!


Isaiah 59:14-15
Standing up for Righteousness!

     “For truth has stumbled in the street, and uprightness cannot enter. Yes truth is lacking: and he who turns aside from evil makes himself a prey.”

     “Those who know the truth have faltered in upholding it because to uphold it is to be persecuted.”
     
     These days Truth has few who stand up to defend it. Those who fight for evil have many advocates, but those who uphold Truth, even in a conversation with a coworker, is a rare thing. Who fights for Truth? God is looking for people who are unafraid of the consequences for defending it. Our nation wants to take God out of everything and who among us is willing to be mocked and scorned to defend against this? We, the body of Christ, seem to have lost our voices while those who promote the very abominable acts that God has promised to deal judgment on, get louder and louder. They are unafraid of the consequences of bringing our nation to complete annihilation!
     This is our call to put on the Armor of God and stand in the midst of the people to defend righteousness and truth! To all who serve the Lord He says, “Hear O Israel! You are crossing over the Jordan today to go in and dispossess nations greater and mightier than you, great cities fortified to heaven, a people great and tall, the sons of the Anakim, whom you have heard it said, “Who can stand before the sons of Anak?” Know therefore today that it is the Lord your God who is crossing over before you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and He will subdue them before you so that you may drive them out and destroy them quickly, just as the Lord your God has spoken to you. -Deut. 9:1-3
     The spiritual darkness of our nation has fortified itself to the heavens and has vowed to destroy all Godliness in the land and God is calling upon us, saying that if we will rise up He will go forth before us and bring down the wickedness. He will go forth as a consuming fire! We are all afraid of the opinions of unrighteous men but our enemy is terrified that we will throw off his yoke and stand for Jesus Christ! Let us humble ourselves before the Lord and remove all unrighteousness from our homes and purify ourselves for a day of battle! The filth of evil men and perverse minds is in our homes – in our books, in our magazines, in our music, in our TV, in our movies, and on our computers. Let us seek the Lord that He might remove every impure thing in our homes. If we remove all that is impure He will fill us with renewed courage and cause us to rise up and perform acts of valor in His name and the fears that have held our mouths closed from speaking boldly will fall off and the enemy will be routed!
     Let this be our request, that all impurity might be removed from our homes that we might purify our camp to be ready for the day of battle, that the Lord Himself might fight for us and bring about revival for our country!
     May God uphold us and do this great work on our behalf!      God bless!

5 comments:

  1. Since last weeks bible study, I stopped a few things in my life.(See last weeks study, first comment down). One of the things I stopped was watching ungodly TV. I think I know why this was easier for me than for others. Because I never had cable TV with 100s of stations, but only a few little stations, rabbit ears, antenna, probably 4-6 stations, it was easier for me to give up these few, whereas, compared to one who has invested in much stations, made it exactly like he likes it, has got to be harder(I am speculating because I never was in this situation- if you are one that does have cable you will know if I am right or not). It sort of like what Jesus is saying in Mark 10:25, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." The rich man has much to give up, stuff he put in his life exactly like he wants it. Where the camel don't own much, did not have to give up much. Again, this is just what I am speculating.
    But there is one other thing I have to completely get out of my life
    that is not pure, that Seth did not mention. I got to get rid of some of my clothing. I got rid of some after last week's bible study but finish the rest. I plan on keeping myself pure in that area. (Guys probably don't have this problem).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that you can try to give up things and through alot of pray thats what keeps us from taking it back.God said without him we can't do nothing. Even Jesus had to go to His Father in prayer for everthig He did on earth. He is our example.

      Delete
  2. Before I accepted the Lord in 72, I was a heavy drinker, and my language left a lot to be desired plus a lot of other things. My prayers at night (after a night out) was God make me a better Christian. When I didn’t see any changes I doubted if there was a God. I heard about a Jesus People Rally that coming Sat. I went and heard a lot of testimonies on how God delivered this person from drug, smoking and alcohol. But what touch me was this 15 yr old girl, all she said was I love Jesus. There was an alter call and I went forward, I didn’t pray the prayer that pastor said, but what I said was Lord if you’re as real as what these people say Take over my life. Since then he’s removed the desire to drink, cleaned up my language, and put a love for him and his word in me.
    All this didn’t happen over night or within a month or a year, but years and years of failing. Each time I failed he did something within me. He’s still working on me and in his good time he’ll clean all the garbage out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Larry your testimony is good one and it a everday process and it is Jesus who deos a great work in us. I know when we get serious and are convinced that He is a deliverer. I know beause He delivered me from fowl language and smoking, and pick it up again its up to us to pray it through. When we get serious He get serious with us. God Bless.

      Delete
  3. Larry. I know someone I am trying to get into this bible study, who I believe, will need a brother like you to fellowship with. I tried hooking up with him yesterday, but he was busy. Last week I tried getting him in but because he had no gmail account , he couldn"t get in. I got to help him get a gmail account. He seems anxious to come in this room. He is new with internet stuff, just got a smart phone, and new at reading the bible. He loves reading the bible. His name is Lee.

    ReplyDelete