Wednesday, January 22, 2014

God in Person

John 1:18
God in Person

     “No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.”

     Who is God? How has your life changed knowing that He is real and has created all things? Have you ever seen Him? Have you ever looked upon His face and been overcome by His beauty? How do you perceive Him? Is He who you imagine He is? Do you place Him in your own world and give Him boundaries of what He can and cannot do? Has He forgiven your sins? Has He extended His grace to you? John is giving us a key to all of these questions by revealing the truth which is that no man has seen God except for Jesus and Jesus has come and explained Him to us.
     This is a strong incentive for us to look closely at the Gospels. Jesus is God in person and we are able to see God when we look at Him. Jesus says that if we have seen Him then we have seen the Father. He and the Father are One.
     What I desire to convey is the need to look at all that Jesus has taught us of Himself and to examine all of the good works which He did while here on earth with new eyes, eyes that long to know God, eyes that long to behold the face of God, eyes that long to have true understanding into the life of their Creator. We need to seek God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength! His riches are there for those who seek them earnestly - the riches of His wisdom and the riches of our eternal inheritance. I just want to express the delight in this kind of earnest seeking. Oh how we need to draw close to the One who truly loves us! Charles Finney (a great evangelist from the mid 1800’s) left us a good thing to think about when he confronted a number of people who had gone a few weeks without delighting in the word of God while reading it, that this was a sign for the need of a spiritual revival in their lives. So I ask us - how many times have we read from the Bible and when we were finished could not remember what we had read?
     Let us desire to know our Savior better and to delight in Him and the wonderful inheritance that He has left for us in His words and actions - The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

          God bless you all!



17 comments:

  1. Amen!! Thank you for posting this Seth!! Very sobering thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the Bible. It was a nightly requirement of my mother when Iwas in elementary school. I started Sunday School on my own decision when I was 8 years old. Ron Marietta, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read the bible but I very much feel that I believe that being a catholic St. Anthony is my favoite saint and when I speak to him I do get a feeling of relief He is very much a part of my life ever since I was a little girl..
    Dee - Cape Coral FL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee and all who pray to anyone or anything other than God.
      Jesus taught us in the bible to pray to His Father.Also, Jesus said in the bible, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father(heaven) except through Me." JOHN 14:6 So Dee and all others who think going through saints and Mary instead of Jesus is going to get you into heaven, you better seriously think twice. WHY would Jesus say ONLY through Him can we get to heaven, if there were others? Which words do you want to trust in?.... Jesus's words in the holy bible or a human that sins and that is telling you to go through others instead of Jesus?
      Claudette FL

      Delete
    2. Dear Claudette, GOD's blessings. I read the comments and I feel happy for you that you are spreading the WORD of GOD to so many others. There are so many people who don't know the WORD of GOD b/cause they don't read the BIBLE. I hope that this young person be encouraged to find a BIBLE or to be inquisitive about
      going to a christian believing church. Be curious to find out what goes on in this place. You will be encouraged to stay and see what GOD has in store for you or you will turn away. Two options only, but It's always better to stay:)

      Delete
  4. I think God will give us all his love and make sure we are okay every day.
    tina l williams 30 ocala florida

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe GOD will protect the ones who believe in his word and tries to walk in the way of the bible. Roudolph 22 Miami

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen! true we forget if we don't stay close to God.
    robin Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Seth,

    I am happy for this session of the BIBLE study. I am reminded of my relationship with the most HIGH GOD. It's so wonderful to know that GOD loves us so much, and to be able to just trust in HIM. So many times I don't know what decisions to make, what I need to do and I have to go to GOD in prayer. When I pray in the spirit "meaning - I'm in an environment whereby it's just myself and GOD" -no distractions. I feel extremely close, like HE is right at my side. This is a wonderful, powerful form of secure feeling.

    I love GOD and want to continue to share HIS love with others. Just yesterday I had a chance to share with one of my patients, about GOD's way of being there for us. When we are in pain, despair, when we feel hopeless; that reaching out to JESUS brings us into the arms of GOD. Then there is comfort, peace,hope, love, healing. Hope-we can trust in the LORD our GOD to heal and make us well. Besides medications GOD is the only, only person who will take away the pain, who will hear from us and be able to help. Family members can't, I can't; but GOD can provide healing in every way" Individual was so receptive and I thank GOD for this.

    Even when we choose HIM as last resort, GOD is just happy, HE wants to help us, love us. Most of all HE wants us to place our whole trust in HIM. Love HIM with all our hearts, minds and souls. JESUS helps me to do this.
    JESUS knows how to b/cause "HE and the FATHER are one"

    May GOD's continued blessings be yours Seth as you share GOD's WORD with others:)

    Sophia, CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophia for your inspiring words on being alone with God.And yes,such a secure wonderful feeling I get when I am alone with Him. As a matter of fact, right before I even read this, I needed that comfort from Him. I went to a "quiet" place, in this home I'm staying ing and told Him I need His comfort and security. Instantly I felt my well known Friend. He was there for me. He gave me the comfort and security I needed. Claudette FL

      Delete
  8. This is just a great exhortation, Seth! "Who is God? Have you ever seen Him? How do you perceive Him?" These are WONDERFUL QUESTIONS as we start the New Year!! Who IS God to us? Let us reflect on the reality of God in our life as our breath, our life, our goal, our destiny! God is the only eternal truth we have here on earth that will last forever! He is our only eternal reality!!! Thanks for the great inspiration, Seth! Love to you and your dear family!! Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE ALWAYS TRY TO KEEP THE LORD FOREMOST IN OUR LIVES.WETRY TO LEAN ON HIS WORD AND WITNESS TO OTHERS AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. HE IS THE GUIDEING FORCE IN MY LIFE.
    STACY NAPLES

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone needs to have personal knowledge the saving grace of our Lord and Savior. John 3:16
    Don Ft Myers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nicely said. Remember to let go and let God.
    Sam; 23 Tampa, FL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read that God is the creator of all and that I know that all things are done through him. I don't have to see him to know he is not far from me. Armando - NH - 34

    ReplyDelete
  13. I DON'T READ THE BIBLE, BUT I DO BELIVE IN GOD. I TALK TO HIM QUITE OFTEN. MY FAVORITE SAINT IS ST. JUDE. GOD BLESS THE USA. RICH VIETNAM VETERAN MA

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to write...."me waiting patiently for Seth's next bible study " but then thought. "That ain't the truth...Me waiting ANXIOUSLY for Seth's new bible study." It's like that every week for me. I think, "what am I taking to the commenters this week? " AND yes, "what's in it for me?" I will say I am selfish when it comes to The
    Word of God.It is me me me. I want to fill myself with it. I want God to talk to me through it. I want to be in it. Me me me. But at the same time, I want to SHARE it! \0/ Claudette FL

    ReplyDelete