Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The life Of A Christian

Luke 22:26-27
The life Of A Christian

     “Let him who is the greatest become as the youngest, and the leader as the servant. For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table, or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves.” –Jesus

     What does it mean to become like the youngest and as the servant? Let me start by saying that the youngest has no right to look down on those who are older, but rather, looks diligently at the word of God to be sure that if he opens his mouth to those who are older, that he is speaking the truth. The youngest understands his need for God’s wisdom and that he really knows nothing yet, but is still a child in all things.
     To be a servant is to understand that you do not live by your own schedule. Your master may give you some part of the day to do what you like, but you live by the master’s direction. So unless otherwise specified, you are always on duty.
     So with these two things in mind,  1.the need for dependence upon God’s wisdom, and 2. your time is not your own, we now have the proper attitude for those who are to be in God’s kingdom. So let me ask us some questions. How many of us, as Christians, truly consider all that we have and all our time to be God’s, or That every minute of every day is God’s to be used for His schedule of tasks and duties? Is our house at His disposal to be sold or kept? Are our children properly disciplined and trained up in the Word and available to be called into action for His work? Are next weekends plans willingly sacrificed for His work? Do we ask Him for His schedule every morning or do we make up our own? Do we live with His agenda or our own? Do we belong to ourselves or to God?
     These are foundational questions for us as Christians and our effectiveness and fruitfulness depends on the answer that we give for each of them. We are to be completely His from the moment we become saved. We did not pay the price for our own salvation did we? Then we also don’t set the rules by which we are to live. They are established by our dear Savior who paid the price for us. But I want to say that our joy will also be found by how we answer these questions. Jesus, the rewarder of all who serve Him, gives a joy that is overpowering as we sacrifice each one of these things for Him and His work. It becomes our greatest pleasure to give up the world and our home here on earth for Him. Joy grows with obedience. The harder it is to obey and the harder the sacrifice, the greater the joy that He replaces it with in our hearts. This world is passing away! In this light, what is there on this earth that is worth holding on to if it is going to pass away in the end?
     Let us be willing to count all as rubbish for the sake of knowing Jesus. He is the beginning and the end! He is our Rock of Refuge! He is our Lord and King! His Word abides forever! Let us open our spiritual eyes and gaze into the heavens and into eternity. It will be upon us all too soon and we will wish that we had done more for the glory of His kingdom. We will all stand before Him and give an account for every word and action. Let us pursue with all diligence, to be blameless in how we have spent our remaining time while here earth.       
        God bless you all!



13 comments:

  1. What a great exhortation, Seth!! And you ask such good questions!! Are we truly giving our all to God? Especially love the rousing last paragraph!! Very inspirational, Seth! Praying God grant you and your dear family health, holiness, prosperity, and every blessing in the coming year! Lots of love, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL...I know I don't wakeup every morning and ask what God wants me to today. But there are times I feel He directs me in certain ways and I participate.

    I got cancer. I am here at Ft Myers for treatment. Please pray for me.
    Barbara PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great message, Seth!
    I investigate myself to see my worthiness. Because most of my time is spent in the Hospital I have been asking the LORD to help me to see how I can become a witness of HIM here. Not every day, but some days I find out people will ask me about Church and then I am able to talk to them. I ask the LORD to help me to stand as a witness of HIS incredible love and forgiveness.

    I experience rough days too. Days when I think the adversary comes to test me. Maybe in the form and likeness of one of my co-workers. TRUE, or even a work situation. TRUE. How I handle either of this situation must be reflective of how GOD expects me to handle as a Christian.

    Seth, it's so great to know some verses from the BIBLE. And, like the WORD of GOD says "to hide these words in our heart". These verses help a lot. I love this one "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and fortress: My GOD; In HIM will I trust" I'm always so happy when I walk in a patient's room and there is a BIBLE on the table or night stand. The BIBLE!! Yes, just the place to find the answers to healing, comfort and help. Now, I also have to deal with other groups. A couple months ago I had to pray and ask the LORD to remove my "prejudices" to others who don't know GOD. I realize sometimes unaware, our verbal and physical behaviors may contradict that we know GOD. And these actions discourage others who want to learn about the LORD.

    Sometimes GOD wants us in the places where no one knows HIM.

    Thanks so much for your time you have put into this to help others and myself. I'm sure that when you read the comments they help you to understand the individual needs.

    GOD's Blessings,

    Sophia, CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE YOUR COMMENT!
      And I too want to thank Seth for spreading the gospel and sharing it with me , you , Aunt Sue and everyone who reads what he writes. I do love the way his messages are inspiring. The way he writes, it appears people get glued to his writting. I see the expressions on their faces when they read and scroll down his messages. He appears to get thier full attention. I truely beleive, know, he is planting seeds. Oh...now I see Seth...he is a "sower". WOW! He's got to have a big garden! :)
      Claudette FL

      Delete
  4. the words speak the truth for me, as i believe in jesus and accept him as my father. if you know him is to love him, i believe he is the beginnig and the ending .if you call on him he is there for you. i thank him every night and every morning for giving me another day. i believe if you serve him you will always have the knowledge to get through anything

    Ashley O
    fort myers fl age 24the words speak the truth for me, as i believe in jesus and accept him as my father. if you know him is to love him, i believe he is the beginnig and the ending .if you call on him he is there for you. i thank him every night and every morning for giving me another day. i believe if you serve him you will always have the knowledge to get through anything

    Ashley O
    fort myers fl age 24

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard personally from people close to me (people that do not read the bible) that it is becasue of thier own actions that they own thier houses...because of thier hard work etc. They never give God credit- that He was the one who helped them get their house or even remotley think He is the real owner of their house. They never read the bible to know God said, " ...for every animal of the forest are mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains...for the world is mine, and all that is in it." Psalm 50 . If only they knew God, thier true Father.And how He loves them so much He gave His Only Begotten Son to die on the cross for them. And He watched his Son brutally killed for us . And this is the same God that owns their house. Claudette FL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Claudette, you are wonderful!! I just love the enthusiasm you exercise in sharing Seth's message. It is so true how no-one wants to even call out to GOD. HE is so real and so ALIVE. GOD deserves all praises, all glory, all honor.

      Even at the hospital I have to share with people that our bodies are intricately designed. We do not heal. GOD is the Healer. I consider myself his helper. There are so many diseases to affect the physical...and spiritual body. We have no power to heal. But the Creator can heal, can make us well, can help us through the power of HIS son JESUS. GOD certainly is deserving of the credit.

      GOD's Blessings,

      Sophia.

      Delete
  6. realmente nosotros como humanos algunas veces pensamos mas en lo material que en lo espiritual y es por eso que no logramos entender realmente la palabra de dios nuestro senor, y no le dedicamos el tiempo necesario,como debe ser.
    laura mexico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LAURA IS SAYING WE AS HUMAN SOMETIMES THINK MORE FOR MATRIAL THINGS INSTEAD OF THE SPRITIUAL BECAUSE WE DO NOT THINK OF GOD, WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD. WE DO NOT DEDICATE ENOUGH TIME.. TRANSLATED BY MARIA NAPLES, FL

      Delete
  7. estoy deacuerdo que los quienes tiene fe en Dios deben tomar su tiempo y orar. No debemos olvidar que El hico por nosotros. Omar 21 Guatemala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omar said in English...
      I am agreeing that the people believing God have to take time and pray. We can't forget what God does for us. Omar 21 - Guatemala
      Translated by Sandra 37 Ft Myers

      Delete
  8. Was a great word for today it gives me hope that I know it is a God. And that he does have a plan for his people that does his will and not go astray from his word. Thank you so much it has givining me Hope!!
    Camille Crawford 23 Ft Myers FL

    ReplyDelete
  9. TRANSLATED BY SANDRAJanuary 22, 2014 at 9:31 AM

    Laura said in English...
    We like humans, sometimes think more of material things, but not the spiritual things. That is the reason why we can't understand the real Word of God. And we don't make the necessary time like we should. Laura - Mexico
    Translated by Sandra 37 Ft Myers

    ReplyDelete